How do I clean my abaya?
The best way to clean your abaya is to wash it by hand. Hand washing an abaya is recommended, especially for the ones with delicate embroidery or embellishments. Only scrub the parts where necessary.
Follow these steps:
- Fill a clean bathtub or sink with fresh water and add a mild suitable detergent.
- Stir the abaya gently in the water and leave it to soak for a few minutes.
- Squeeze the fabric without rubbing it in order to clean it without damaging it.
- Rinse your abaya in clean water.
- Hang the abaya up to dry.
We recommend that you do not leave the Abaya in the sun to avoid damaging its colours and avoid the tumble dryer.
If you do however choose to clean your abaya in the washing machine please keep these points in mind:
Again, because Abayas are delicate clothing, you want to machine wash them in a way that will prevent damage to the fabric.
- Use the delicate cycle, at a low temperature (no more than 30°C) to prevent shrinkage from the heat and avoid the stitching from coming loose.
- Wash inside out to prevent the colour from fading.
- Use a mild detergent.
We strongly recommend only cleaning your Abaya in the washing machine if it has no embroidery etc.